We are all excited to return to full rugby practice tomorrow. We will have some unusual procedures in place, which will change, so please everyone be a little patient.
We are putting these in place so that we are compliant with Midwest’s guidelines on returning to competition. If we are found to be not in compliance, we will not be able to play competition rugby this coming season, which could happen as early as August.
- First if all, everyone must complete the World Rugby COVID 19 – Return to Play Awareness course. You will have one week to complete. After that week if a certificate is not handed in before practice you will not be able to participate. This includes players, coaches and admins.
- When you enter the parking lot of DRG, please DO NOT cross the small bridge to the pitches until your temp has been taken and some symptom questions are asked by a compliance officer. This includes anyone that is coming to watch also. We do need some people to help with this, so if you can please let me know.
- Fitzy has come up with practice plans that are in line with State and World Rugby guidelines. That will include contact, in case anyone is wondering.
- When not on the field in a practice scenario, please adhere to social distancing guidelines on 6 feet.
- No sharing of water bottles.
- All used equipment will have to be sanitized after every practice.
- As always please listen to coaches and EC members during this. We are just trying to make sure that we can play competitive rugby this fall. So if someone calls you out on something, it’s not a personal attack we just want to play rugby. Also we could be checked in on at any time, so we need to maintain compliance.
These will change, and we will keep you up to date on any changes, so please keep an eye on your inbox.
As always, if you have any questions or concerns, please direct them directly to me.
Dayton Area Rugby Club
620 Shiloh Dr | Dayton OH | 45415